Sunday 9 December 2012

Groaners Vs. Munchers... Whose Side Are You On?



As the year draws to a close, I often find myself reflecting on the major events of the year and I do not know about you but this year has been rough and tough for me.

Now when I say 'rough and tough' I do not mean that there was not one single good that came out of it. No, that's not what I'm saying at all but the truth is I cannot remember any other year in which I experienced really trying times such as 2012. What makes it even worse is that the end of the year is more difficult than it started out.

Not suprisingly, a good number of people around me share the same story especially when we talk about FINANCE. More than ever before I understand and appreciate what it means to be a parent who cares for his or her children materially. It isn't easy!

Fending for myself alone is not beans and I can imagine what it is to feed, clothe and cater for the financial needs of a few other people. I doff my 'virtual' cap to all parents!

Inspite of all the 'toughness' that I see all around me, there seems to be another part of my mind saying 'things are not as bad as they look' and I'm wondering is this true?

Today, I was out with a good friend of mine who took me to Ikeja Mall to relax and catch up after church hours and it took us about 10-15minutes from the entrance until we finally found a parking space. THE PLACE WAS FULL!

Cars and human beings everywhere and I am left wondering, do people who are 'managing' come to Ikeja Mall on a Sunday like this just to watch other people spend money? I think not!

I have heard some say, more than a few times, that there is money in this country and YES I agree. There is!

My question now is, where are the people groaning and moaning about the economy of this nation and how it has not favoured them and on another hand, where are the people spending Sunday afternoons at hot spots... pizzaing, ice-creaming, kfc-ing away.

Are these two categories of people one and the same? Or do I just 'somehow' meet the groaning side on weekdays and the 'munching' side on weekends???

Please, tell me your version of this matter and also tell how the year has been for you...

1 comment:

  1. the year was very exciting and profitable to me. Even though i started it with sickness today i was able to do at least 3 quarter of what i expected to do. Appreciation to God. one prayer point still remains. May God within these 19 days left, answer me. Amen

    ReplyDelete